by Pastor Mark Downey
As an artist, it is not difficult to appreciate Michelangelo’s monumental masterpiece in the Sistine Chapel. It is no secret that Michelangelo’s relationship with the RCC became strained. The artist was a simple man, but he grew to detest the opulence and corruption of the Church. In two places in the masterpiece, Michelangelo left self portraits, both of them depicting himself in torture. He gave his own face to Saint Bartholomew’s body martyred by being skinned alive. Michelangelo was a devout person, but later in life he developed a belief in Spiritualism (not to be confused with spiritism), for which he was condemned by Pope Paul IV. The fundamental tenet of Spiritualism is that the path to God can be found not exclusively through the Church, but through direct communication with God. Pope Paul IV interpreted Michelangelo’s Last Judgment, painted on the wall of the Sistine Chapel 20 years after completing the ceiling, as defaming the church by suggesting that Jesus and those around him communicated with God directly without need of Church.
Likewise, Jesus showed great courage in identifying the hypocrisy of the scribes and Pharisees as whited sepulchers, a practice that lost the ceremonial import of Levitical defilement around places of unclean corpses and turned into beautification projects as if to honor the prophets to whom the Lord accused them of murdering. I once knew a mortician and he told me one of the biggest problems they had after a year of the deceased being in the ground was relatives wanting to exhume the body to take another look at Uncle Fritz; but he told me what they don’t realize is that Fritz has turned into soup. Jesus knew what resided within the tomb: nasty worms and rottenness, which arise from the putrefied carcasses, and are as nauseating as it gets. Christ was making the point that He could see through the superficial exterior and discern the spirit of man by what we are inwardly. Outward motives may keep the outside clean, while the inside is filthy; but if the heart and spirit be made new, there will be newness of life; here the Christian must begin with what is inside their heart and mind. The righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees was like the ornaments of a grave, or dressing up a dead body, only for show. And we can see the same thing in the RCC.
The Papacy took the opposite direction of introspection and set course, taking the beam out of everyone else’s eye except the log in their own field of vision. The RCC took it upon themselves to launch a holy war against witchcraft; witch hunts became the preoccupation of the Romish church. Witches and wizards were whatever the church said they were and two or more witnesses to establish a matter were of no concern to the dutiful inquisitors who were forcing confessions from tortured victims. It became a bloodlust for a renegade priestcraft. I Samuel 15:23 speaks of rebellion likened unto witchcraft, referring to stubbornness, from whence springs the rebel. This sin is condemned by the Law of God. The power and authority of Rome has stubbornly placated God’s Law to the back burner while their priests craft canonical laws to burn witches, solidifying their ecclesiastical hegemony over the entire world by eliminating any opposition to their rule. We must come to a historical understanding of this institutional image that purports to be Christian, but has no Spirit of God. It has wealth and opulence, but it is void of the fruit of the Spirit to bring forth the Kingdom of God.
The RCC has had over a thousand years to do so, but has no more to show for itself than the wicked servant in the parable of the ten pounds (Luke 19:11-27), accusing the Master of being unjust. Self-righteousness is the heart of RCC. But, someone will say look at all the charities and hospitals and what about their vanguard against abortion? Whited sepulchers… all of it. I mentioned in the previous message that predatory priests were preying upon women in the confessional with threats of torture and death if they did not submit to their canal desires and this perversion goes all the way back to the initiation of an unnatural celibacy in the year 1123AD. This also became the abstinence of nuns, but the shocking truth of which there is documentation is the illicit liaisons between priests and nuns without, of course, any means of contraception. Father Jean Lucien Vinet wrote, “Priests who are bound by celibacy, solve their sex problems in defiance of the laws of God and country. Therefore, this vow of celibacy is the greatest hoax invented by Romanism. Priests who are avowed moralists become professional hypocrites in order to conceal their romances and the discrepancy between their teachings and their private lives" – ‘I Was a Priest’, page 25, 1949.
Therefore, babies were born and babies were aborted. A pregnant nun would have been subject to the Office of the Inquisition in the most severest of terms, so she had no other recourse than to go to her intimate priest-lover demanding a strong remedy; she basically had the upper hand to blackmail the priest by pointing her finger at him and throwing him to the Inquisitors. Such a threat must have been occurring quite regularly amongst the priests during this period. Evidently, a nun who claims that her confessor sexually corrupted her through the confessional carries enough weight with the officers of the Inquisition that she could get him torturously killed. Further, sexual corruption through the confessional must have been such a common occurrence among the priests that when this nun threatened to so lie about him being the father of her child, the officers of the Inquisition would find that accusation to be entirely plausible. Is this not the epitome of hypocrisy and irony?
The official lie and ultimate spin by catholic apologetics is that there must be a return to the traditional orthodoxy of the RCC. They like to play Marxist dialectics just like the jews. Blame the Vatican II Council for the priestly pedophilia now plaguing the church the world over; saying the problem for the past 40 years, has been militant “gay” activist who have infiltrated the Church and nearly taken over the priesthood. That means that the period prior to 1962 was free of priestly sexual abuse and scandal? Now that’s chutzpah! And all of this is rather sickening, but an expose’ is for the purpose of removing evil from society. The exceedingly high level of sexual disaster confronting the RCC today may also be a cumulative process spoken of by God in Hosea 8:7, "For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind." Trulythe wickedness of the end times is upon us and if this message can save one child from a dirty faggot priest, then it will not have been in vain. This is the reason for our ministering to the lost sheep of the house of Israel: to inform our people of the perils that are facing them. We have received many catholics into the Christian Identity fold, because they knew something was wrong with their church. They not only find their racial identity in the Bible, they find the identity of the adversaries of God.
One strange prescription of the RCC, which puzzles not only Protestants but catholics as well, is the necessity of a vocal confession in the ear of a priest in order to obtain forgiveness of sins and eternal salvation. I have to emphasize that confession, as practiced in the RCC today, was neither commanded by Christ nor was it practiced by the early Christians. The confessional came into being many centuries after Christ and is therefore a pure invention of Rome. The real reason behind this Roman prescription of obligatory confession of sins to a priest, is to keep all catholics under constant submission and authority to the priestcraft. Confession has worked wonders in that regard. If a political party in our country could establish obligatory confession of all its members, the leader would have a complete knowledge of their most secret activities and could exercise a most effective authority over them all. The party would become the most united and most powerful organization in the country and could capture power easily. Confession, in the RCC, keeps individuals under control and its leaders can exercise a most effective authority over the penitents. It is indeed one of the most cunning devices of Rome. Do you think Christ is going to condemn someone because they failed to confess their sins to a priest? That would be blasphemy. I Tim. 2:5 says, “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” The catholic priest has no power to forgive sins and a solid gold confessional might as well be an outhouse.
If we step back for a moment and look at the chronological order of unscriptural doctrines promulgated by the RCC, we can quickly see that there is a pattern of deceit and harm done in the name of Christianity, which is why there should be little debate that catholicism is not Christian. I’m not going to list the whole nine yards, but a top ten list should suffice:
- Prayers for the dead – 300AD. Circumventing Christ's personal intercession for the living, by man's interceding after they are dead is antithetical to God's word. “The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence” Ps. 115:17.
- Veneration of saints and angels – 375AD. “Give unto the Lord the glory due unto His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness” Ps. 29:2. “Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind” Col. 2:18.
- The daily mass was instituted – 394AD. “And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God” Heb. 10:11-12.
- Mary declared “Mother of God – 431AD. "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons" Gal. 4:4-5. This passage alone proves Mary was not sinless. Like those redeemed "under the law" she was "under the law" as well. And to be "under" means to be "under the curse" of the law.
- Worship in Latin – 600AD. An arbitrary universal language considered sacred in order for the Vatican to be the head of a one world religion. “Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech” II Cor 3:12. Catholics were deprived of the Word for centuries and when they did gain access, it was obscured. “If you will say words in languages and you will not translate, how will anything be known that you say, for you yourselves will be as one who is speaking to the air” I Cor. 14:9. We are forbidden to pray and teach in an unknown language, and yet the catholic priestcraft employ Latin for the sake of appearances while it goes above the comprehension of common people.
- Temporal power of Papacy confirmed – 750AD. This was the belief that the Popes were allowed to own vast areas of land which were untouchable by anyone else. Well, didn’t that devil offer Jesus ‘temporal power’, “all the kingdoms of the world” and Christ told him to go to hell (Mt. 4:8-9)? I guess the Pope never read Ps. 24:1, “The earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” Pope Gregory XI's papal bull claimed papal dominion over the entire Christian world, secular and religious, and excommunicated all who failed to obey the popes and to pay them taxes. Pope Alexander VI (1492-1503) claimed that all undiscovered lands belonged to the Roman Pontiff. Christ said, "My kingdom is not of this world; otherwise my servants would fight." The Popes, however, have fought with armies and navies in the name of Christ to build a huge kingdom which is very much of this world. And to amass their earthly empire they have repeatedly engaged in spiritual fornication with emperors, kings, and princes. Claiming to be the bride of Christ, the Roman Catholic Church has been in bed with godless rulers down through history, and these adulterous relationships continue to this day.
- The worship of images and relics – 788AD. This was at the behest of Empress Irene, who plucked out the eyes of her own son, and called a church council to Pope Hadrian I. Such practices are simply called idolatry in the Bible and are severely condemned. “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me” Exodus 20:4-5.
- Holy water – 850AD. Somehow plain old water with a pinch of salt, blessed by the priest became holy. Well, we know that it works on vampires right? Jeremiah 2:13 has something to say about this, “For My people have committed two evils; they have forsaken Me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.” The Word of God is likened to water, because it is pure and cleansing and life itself. When the White race is mixed with other races, as the RCC does, the result is a “broken cistern, that can hold no water.” No amount of holy water dabbed on the forehead by a priest will protect anyone from evil, especially if that universal church is practicing the evils of multiculturalism.
- Canonization of dead saints – 995AD. Every believer and follower of Christ is called a saint in the Bible. “To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints” Romans 1:7. And you didn’t have to be dead! “Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness” Ps. 30:4. This psalm was written about 1300 years before the RCC system came into being. God calls His true believers ‘saints’ and does not recognize the canonization of anyone nor calling the Pope “his holiness,” a term we just read reserved for God Almighty alone. Catholic saints aren’t biblical saints; they’re what the Bible calls ‘fools.’ Even Mother Teresa, who wrote letters, which were opened after her death, said, “I have no faith… if there be no God, there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, you also are not true" and yet the church nominated her for sainthood.
- The selling of indulgences – 1190AD. This practice was commonly regarded as a purchase of forgiveness and a permit to indulge in sin. The Bible condemns making merchandise of God (John 2:15-16). This is like selling ice cubes to Eskimos. “And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal” Mt. 25:46. There is no buying and selling salvation. This religious extortion is what ignited the Protestant Reformation. The RCC had technically banned the practice of selling indulgences as long ago as 1567, but the Pope has quietly reintroduced it, reasserting the churches clout to mitigate the wages of sin, amnesty from punishment in the hereafter. But wait there’s more… for $19.95 they’ll double the indulgence for an already dead relative and if you act today, there’s no formal ceremony or sacraments. According to Vatican sources, there is a limit of one plenary indulgence per sinner per day.
Well, I could have easily doubled or tripled this short list of catholic abominations going from the 4th century to the present, showing how these church enactments were the antithesis of Scripture. In fact, I think I could take the Ten Commandments and find catholic transgressions in all of them. The RCC is as much a criminal enterprise as is Talmudic jewry. I can’t resist mentioning just a few more things in which the RCC has no biblical support for and amounts to theological nonsense, like: vestments of the priesthood; rosary beads; celibacy of the priesthood; Inquisition of heretics; transubstantiation; the confessional; Bible forbidden and placed on the index of forbidden books; the invention of purgatory; the immaculate conception (maintains that Mary was kept free of original sin from her moment of conception); Papal infallibility.
Because there has been such a long train of abuses, century after century, it was bound to hit bottom and it finally did after WWII for their friendly relationship with Hitler. All of the sudden, they were on the losing side, but immediately jumped to the other side, seeing the handwriting on the wall. This is how the Vatican has always operated: riding on the shirttails of the victors. Ike “the kike” Eisenhower saved Pope Pius XII neck from the noose at Nuremburg and the Pope miraculously came out smelling like a Rosicrucian er a rose. But, as Shakespeare put it, “What’s in a name, that which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.” The Vatican knew it was time for a facelift and a complete makeover. Now it was time to preach the gospel of love and not calling Protestants heretics anymore. So the RCC told the Protestants to forget the past, although they were still on the path of a New World Odor that had the same old scent. A time of healing, right? Just like in France and Ireland. Remember?
But, America was a tough nut to crack. Our history has been very anti-catholic, because America was closer to what Christianity should be and saw Rome as the prophetic antichrist and hated it for its sordid past. So the Vatican rolled up her sleeves and began a brilliant public relations campaign to create a common enemy for both catholics and Protestants to unite against.
Bishop Fulton J. Sheen launched the anti-communist attack, and behold, like mushrooms, we saw anti-communist ministries popping up exposing the monster in Moscow. The Jesuits were busy on many fronts. The John Birch Society blossomed, aided by the Jesuits, because it served their purpose to have the attention of the Protestants shifted from the Vatican to communism; and keeping people away from the truth that communism was jewish. At this time, Senator McCarthy was riding high on his House on Unamerican Activities committee in Congress. Publishers stopped publishing books exposing the whore of Babylon and turned their attention to communism. Some Christian publishers were bought out and others didn't want to take a stand because it would raise eyebrows. So the Vatican was succeeding in their goals. Their boys, planted in Protestant denominations, frowned on anti-catholic sermons and discouraged them across the nation. We were locked into a cold war with the Soviet Union. Hollywood, influenced by a powerful catholic lobby, furnished us with films like ‘Song of Bernadette’ and ‘Going My Way,’ with Bing Crosby and glorifying the catholic church. On the other hand, they pushed movies like ‘Elmer Gantry’ with jewish actor Burt Lancaster portraying a crooked Protestant evangelist. Do you remember "Dragnet?" on TV? The Christian was always pictured with a big Bible, smiling after he had strangled Grandma up in the attic. And always, the priests were the good guys. Just like in the popular TV series MASH. People were being hit with a carefully choreographed catholic PSYOP and they lost their hatred and opposition to the historic organ of apostasy.
Christian television networks were emerging… Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker on PTL; the 700 Club with Pat Robertson; the multi-million dollar extravaganza of TBN with Paul and Jan Crouch. They all had something in common. They were all corrupt and they all had nuns and priests on their programs. God warns His people to have nothing to do with the works of darkness and the following decades has one scandal after another with these outfits. We’ve ended up with sound Christian preaching being replaced by entertainment; the show business of churchianity. There’s a new crop of stars singing snappy charismatic songs, beating drums, sequins costumes, expensive hair-do’s and clapping audiences and telling us how much Jesus loves you. So who reads the Bible when they can watch “Christian” TV? Some people have TBN or Sky Angel on all the time like a rabbit’s foot. They figure God is going to bless them because they have this holy program on. But the programmers or brainwashers are doing the same thing catholics have done for centuries by turning a materialist object into something sacred i.e. if they’re feeling God’s presence, then the TV must be God. Shoot the TV and their world comes to a screeching halt. The catholics now have their own satellite television network called EWTN, which stands for ‘eternal word’, but ‘every witchcraft’ would be more appropriate.
After WWII, the Vatican had to pick and endorse an American champion of the churches who could win the hearts and minds of Christians to love the catholic as a fellow-laborer for Christ. They wanted someone who was a good speaker and could pack the stadiums and who would never attack the Vatican. And so when they found him, William Randolph Hearst, a good Roman catholic publisher, used his newspaper chain to push Billy Graham to fame. For 30 years, Billy Graham spoke to multitudes and became greatly loved, respected, and imitated. When he preached, he was honored and men praised him. Yet when Jesus Christ preached, they killed Him. We are familiar with the admonition, "Whosoever, therefore, will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." The newspapers never really blasted Billy Graham. Magazines said he was one of the world's most loved men. When Anita Bryant (a popular singer, spokesperson for Florida orange juice commercials) spoke out against homosexuals and asked for Billy's support, he turned her down. Anita Bryant took the heat and was persecuted for her stand, but not Billy. He was loved by the world for his position… a wishy-washy whore; a purveyor of insipid mediocrity.
In the Catholic Herald of June 3, 1966, Billy Graham is quoted as being a friend of the Jesuits in the United States. Here's another one: Dr. Billy Graham received an honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters from the Roman Catholic College, Belmont Abbey, in 1967. Billy noted the significance of the occasion by saying that this is "A time when Catholics and Protestants could meet together and greet each other as brothers, whereas 10 years ago, they could not." In April, 1972, Billy Graham received the International Franciscan Award in Minneapolis, given by the Franciscan Friars for true ecumenism. Before I quote what Billy Graham said about Francis of Assissi, first let me say this about St. Francis. He believed he was saved by works, by helping the poor. This way, he believed he was saving his soul. St. Francis was canonized, which means he was made a saint by the RCC institution, because of his strong position on the doctrine of works. We know that this is unscriptural. We are saved by grace through faith (Eph. 2:8). Did you know that St. Francis of Assissi blessed and baptized animals and gave them Christian names; and mastered the dark arts of astral projection? Now, what did Billy Graham say about this strange fellow? He said, "While I am not worthy to touch the shoe laces of St. Francis, yet this same Christ that called Francis in the 13th century also called me to be one of His servants in the 20th century." Billy ‘33 degree’ Graham was being used by the Vatican in 1950 when the word came to all the Jesuits in Central and South America telling them to fill the stadiums with Roman catholics whenever Billy Graham spoke. Millions were spent to promote Billy Graham as the world's greatest evangelist.
Rome gives nothing to anybody unless you pay it off. Could it be that his final pay-off was to introduce Pope John Paul II as the greatest moral leader of the world? Which he did. Didn't he realize when he did this he was giving the whore of Babylon a cloak of respectability? And all of Billy's followers, the evangelicals and multitudes of others across this land who listen to his every word, heard this endorsement and trusting Billy, turned and gave their love to the communist jew from Poland dressed in his Papal vestments, who claims to be the Vicar of Christ on this earth. I can picture the Pope smiling to himself, flying back victoriously to Rome. He knew that Billy had been a good investment. I believe the Vatican set Billy up when he went to Russia. But Billy admitted that he sought advice from Vatican officials about this trip to Russia. They told him to go quietly and not to criticize the communists' practices. And when he followed their instructions, the suffering Christian brothers and sisters rotting in Russia's gulags, who got 5 to 10 years for passing out a single Gospel tract, were crushed when Billy announced to the world that there was religious freedom in Russia. The Bible says, "Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord" (Jer. 17:5).
Well, isn’t it interesting that a motley crew of catholics, jews, judeo-Christians, Freemasons and God only knows what other secret societies are poised to crush the faithful of Christ? History and prophecy will show that God was right about the identity of the great whore of Babylon. She constructed herself in the best architectural cathedrals money could buy, decorated the place of worship in gold and silver, dressed in the finest robes of purple and scarlet and had enough money left over to pay out civil lawsuits for pedophile priests to the tune of a billion dollars. She was and is the whited sepulcher, but inside the soul of the Romish church, she is a spiritual skeleton, spiritually dead and oblivious to Jesus Christ. May this series of messages continue to inform and warn those catholics and ex-catholics, our kindred. that Christian Identity is here to bring them to their Kinsman Redeemer and save them from the wrath to come.